Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hidden Pain-Part 2

I'm so glad you came back.

I've been on this journey alone for much too long.

My first symptom started three years ago; a tingling sensation on the left side of my head. I would run my fingers through my hair, thinking maybe a bug was crawling on my scalp. It was that feeling of when your hand falls asleep and then slowly comes back to life. It wasn't really a pain, at least not yet.

That lasted for several months.

By February, I was in the doctor's office. Something was wrong. The tingling sensation remained, but there was an undeniable ache to accompany it. I didn't want to take any chances, I mean, this is my head we're talking about. What if something was really wrong?

The doctor recommended a Cat Scan. It came back normal.

Yes! That's wonderful news. But what about the pain?

The doctor started me on my first prescription. Just something a little bit stronger than an over-the-counter Tylenol.

Okay, maybe that will help. But unfortunately, it didn't. It was as if I was taking nothing at all.

Things went from bad to worse.

Tomorrow is an important day for me, because my doctor is trying something new. And I'm believing this is going to work when nothing else has. Join me in praying that this could be my miracle.

Join me, next week, for more of my story. And if you have experienced any of the same symptoms I'm describing, please leave a comment. I have yet to find anyone who has the same symptoms as me. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment