Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What if today was the last day?

I was walking across the parking lot of Target yesterday and imagined how very different my life might be today.

Four years ago, this month, something changed and my life hasn't been the same since. I don't know why. It could've been an accident me and my son, Tyler, were in several years prior to that date. Maybe it was when I started running and I jiggled something the wrong way. But something had to trigger the tingling sensation that started on the left side of my head and escalated to an unrelenting pain.

Living in pain, every day, all day, gives you a different perspective on life. It makes you look at a past that you once had, a past of pain free days and see how much you take for granted. Even the smallest of things.

I wouldn't mind having a headache once a month, three days a month, ten days a month. If only I had some days when there was no pain. If only.

There are so many things that if my life changes today, I will NEVER take for granted again.

Because I've told you this part of my story, I have to share this with you.

Today, I'm having a procedure done that could change my life. A procedure that could possibly take away this pain. Radiofrequency Ablation. C2 & C3 ... They will burn the nerves that are causing me to have a headache every day.

I am praying and believing that this is going to be the answer we have been searching for so long. Will you pray with me?

There was a moment when they numbed the nerves a few weeks ago. That brief moment felt like something I can't even describe to you. There was no pain, no nothing, it was normal. I want that again. I want it so bad. I can't even tell you how much. And I can't wait to have it and I believe my Jesus wants me to have it to. And I'm believing with all my heart, ya'll, that today is that day.

Thank you for listening to me ramble on and thank you for coming here today.

Have a wonderful day!



Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you right this minute. Cindy. I had no idea you were going through this! We serve an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Vonda :) Yes, we do!!

      Delete