Tuesday, September 29, 2015

FEAR FACTOR & WINNER ANNOUNCED

Don't Worry????

Worrying will not make you live longer, and will rob your joy.

Here are some interesting quotes I wanted to share ...

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.  ~Mark Twain

If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you.  ~Calvin Coolidge

How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.  ~Thomas Jefferson

If I had my life to live over, I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I’d have fewer imaginary ones.  ~Don Herold

Not everyone wants to stop worrying. Well, I'm not one of those people. But it isn't easy to stop worrying.

I was just in that situation last night. Picture this.

It's raining. I'm sitting in the back seat of a truck. I'm texting frantically, trying to make the time pass, trying to think of something else, anything else. My husband sits in the passenger seat answering an email on his phone. He isn't supposed to be doing that! He's supposed to be watching the road. Constantly. My son is driving. My heart is racing. I'm holding on to the door till my knuckles whiten. My muscles tense and my breathing deepens. It'll take twenty minutes to get there. On the highway, he switches back and forth between lanes to allow merging oncoming traffic. My chest is tightening now remembering. 

Why does he have to learn to drive anyway? I don't mind driving him where he needs to go?

No matter how much I worry, it changes nothing. No one can take my life, or my sons, my daughters, my husbands, unless God allows it.

Job 14:5 A person’s days are determined;
    you have decreed the number of his months
    and have set limits he cannot exceed.

Most things we worry about will never happen.  Don't let worry destroy your youthfulness. Instead, let's focus on Him and not be consumed with the things of this world. :)

Lamentations 3: 22-23
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

I have been told multiple times, that you have had trouble leaving comments on my blog posts. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to fix that problem! So, if you leave a comment on Facebook you are always eligible for my drawings as well. And this week the winner of Katelin Maloney's Book, Drowning, is ...

Julia Whitley!

Congratulations, Julia!! Send me a private message with your address and I will forward it to Katelin so she can send you a copy of her book. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment