Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A MISSED FLIGHT

I seriously have issues with pushing things to the limit.

I mean, why did I think I'd have extra time?

It's been a few years since I've flown, but only a few weeks since I've driven by the airport. How could I forget how many exits were between the one I decided I had to get off for a snack and the airport?

It was the longest stretch of drive I've ever driven, and the clock seemed to move faster than it ever has before. Did they add extra exits since the last time I came through here?

Why couldn't I have just waited until I arrived?

Because I HAD to use the bathroom, and I skipped breakfast and I had a  headache coming on and  needed a drink to take something NOW!! I couldn't wait twenty more minutes until I got inside the airport. It made perfect sense as I told myself veering my car off the interstate behind a slow driving eighteen wheeler.

Of course, there was no store in sight. I had no idea which way to go. So I followed the truck.

Still moving slow.

Still no store.

I had made a mistake.

Then I saw a store.

But it was a Members Only store. WHAT????

Then I spotted a Big Lots.

There was a lady in the parking lot. She was walking across the lot with her cart.

I waited.

With patience.

She was attempting to put her cart back, but in the direction she headed, there was only another lone cart standing in the space. She looked around unable to find the cart return.

The park I intended to take in the beginning was to my right where she stood originally, then I changed my mind and decided on the left park where she had walked and now stood. Has this ever happened to you? When you were in a hurry? Of course it has.

She looked at me, with apologetic eyes. Walking back and forth in the very spot I wanted to get. It was almost comical. It was like I was supposed to be there in that very second, unable to get to a parking space quickly because I was in a hurry. I was not upset. Really. I wasn't.  I felt for her. I knew she was having a hard time. I just sat there waiting, instead of speeding away with an attitude and finding another park.

But this of course was taking more time, and I knew the mistake I had made was huge.

I just didn't know that this was only the beginning.




To be continued  ...


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment